Every year the Buffalo County 4-H Leaders Association sponsors the Outstanding 4-H Member Award. The selected winner will receive a $100 scholarship from the 4-H Leaders Association. Basis for the selection of youth to receive the award will be as follows:
- The youth must be 16 or over as of January 1st, of the current year.
- Consideration shall be given to the number of years in club work as well as the number of projects carried and completed.
- Participation in club and county activities, such as demonstrations, judging, number and quality of exhibits, etc. shall be considered.
- Work in Youth Leadership with younger members.
- Interest in and promotion of 4-H.
- Responses from parent and club leader.
- Applications are due to the UWEX Office one week prior to the Fair.