Summer just started but my minds on fall already… Do you know of a great college students age 21 or older that are interested in an amazing opportunity to provide leadership for our 4-H Afterschool program at C-FC? If so, send them our way, please!
Title: C-FC 4-H Afterschool Program Coordinator
Office Location: Cochrane Fountain City School, Fountain City, WI
Employment Period: Fall 2017 & Spring Semester 2018; 3:00pm – 6:00pm; Monday-Friday (days negotiable)
4-H Afterschool Program Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Work with 4-H Youth Development Educator to carry out program planning, supervision and delivery of 4-H afterschool program at Cochrane-Fountain City School.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, teach and evaluate educational programs.
- Create weekly written program plans that work to achieve targeted academic and 4-H life skills goals.
- Engage youth in educational experiences and encourage young people to assist in program planning, as appropriate.
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for youth.
- Supervise youth and implement appropriate risk management strategies.
- Build suitable relationships with youth and their parents/guardians.
- Safely retain enrollment and health forms and keep accurate financial and registration records. Practice fiscal responsibility.
- Manage daily attendance and report weekly numbers to UW-Extension staff.
- Provide a healthy snack. Conduct shopping for snack and other supplies as appropriate.
- Serve as link of communication between the 4-H Afterschool Committee, 4-H Afterschool high school mentors, 4-H afterschool students and their parents/guardians, adult volunteers and the UW-Extension 4-H Youth Development Educator, as necessary.
- Assist in 4-H Afterschool promotion, recruitment, fundraising and short term programming as opportunities arise.
- Serve as an advisor to high school mentors and other college paid staff by providing leadership and guidance as appropriate.
Required Knowledge & Skill Qualifications:
- Be 21 years of age and a current student at a two year or four year university or technical school throughout the duration of employment.
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork in collaborative environment.
- Values life-long learning and views position as a learning experience.
- Strong commitment to youth development principles and practices. Able to identify and build assets in youth and connects youth to community and community to youth.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with adult volunteers and youth.
- Ability to creatively and flexibly solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Experience in youth related outreach education or formal teaching preferred.
Compensation: $9-$10/hour starting. Reimbursement for official job travel, meals, etc. will be provided according to policy.
Condition of Hire: Per UWEX Policy, applicants will be submitted for a background screening prior to employment. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
Send a cover letter, resume, and names, address, telephone number and email of three current references by August 1, 2017 or ASAP to:
Buffalo County UW-Extension
407 S. 2nd St.
P O BOX 276
Alma, WI 54610
Interviews will be ongoing throughout June, July and August 2017 until a successful applicant is hired.
The University of Wisconsin Extension provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in education, programming and employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, gender/sex, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital or parental status, arrest or conviction record, or veteran status.