Buffalo County 4-H clubs are encouraged to enter the 2017 Lawn or Window Display Contest to promote 4-H during National 4-H Week.
Follow these rules to compete:
- The display must include the national “True Leaders” OR the county “4-H is Home” National 4-H Week theme. Must include a 4-H clover according to guidelines.
- All displays must be visible to the general public to see during National 4-H week (October 1-7). Front yards, club meeting sites, or business locations (with permission) are all great sites to place a display. Must remove sign promptly the following week – failure to do so could result in a citation from DOT.
- Displays will be judged on eye appeal, neatness, conveying national or county theme message, originality, local interest and number of people potentially reached by your display (if you share your display on social media).
- You must contact the UW-Extension Office and let us know the location of your display by October 2 at 608-685-6256 or email@example.com. Tag University of Wisconsin, Buffalo County on Facebook or email photo of display to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 2, 2017 for the purpose of inclusion on the 4-H website.
- Displays must be up by Sunday, October 1, and judging can take place anytime during the remainder of National 4-H Week.
Cash prizes for entries will be awarded as follows:
1st place $50.00
2nd place $35.00
3rd place $25.00
4th place $15.00
5th place $5.00
Sponsored by the Buffalo County 4-H Leaders’ Association.